soi cowboy crazy closing times

keith doug

yes i know!! YOU MAY SAY NOT ANOTHER but really ALL THE BARS ARE CLOSING AT 1AM SHARP!!

What a crazy situation.. that i wont bother going there again on this visit..

and how do the bar/gogo owners make a living say from 10pm to 1am 3 hrs!! is beyond me....

thank goodness patpong is more liberal!!!

A Cowboy girl I went with last night was telling me that on the way back to my room.

Very strange - everywhere else is starting to open up, Thermae apparently closing at 2 rather than 12 and other places extending to the same time. But a place that is traditionally amongst the most relaxed is tightening up? :dunno:

IMHO it all goes back to October 2001 and Purachai and his "Social Order Campaign" In the intervening 6 1/2 years (Christ is it that long ago) various police districts have been letting it slip then using it again when it is time to increase the tea money.

Just read back in the nightlife threads over the years and you will see how closing times have varied by police districts over the past few years, Honourable Boardmember Gaddy has regulary posted update on the "state of the nightlife" and there are some good historical records. The cynic in me would not be surprised if the Top BiB in Thong Lor needs to finance his daughters overseas study fees given the time of year.

Archived