Old Bargirls

HSTEACH

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something similar has happend to a friend of me. After spoiling her for months, she went back, got a new drug addicted, butterflying boyfriend, started to dance a gogo again and supported that jerk. Fact: Thais need a certain amount of misery or they create it themselves.

Roland

laugh.gif" border="0

[ May 22, 2001: Message edited by: RolandCH ]

quote:

Originally posted by HSTEACH:

Well, the reason I wanted to know is THIS 32 year old former bargirl is my x-wife!! Yes you read it right, X-wife. She told me last month when she didn't return to the US as planned, she would just get a "regular" job in BKK. Hmmm.. After living the "rich" life the past few years, I find it hard to believe she would take a "regular" job paying 4-5 K Baht a month. She's been spoiled to spending money and you sure can't spend much making 125 bucks a month. She'll show up somewhere and I hope her first customer is hung like a horse. Maybe then she'll realize she should have stayed in the US.

Why does she want to go back to her old job? Sound unreasonable to me?? Unhappy with her secure and financial dependent life?? I'm curious!

It is a case of 'the other mans grass is greener'.

Leaving Thailand is the dream for some(and the lure of money)

I've seen many cases of what has happened here, after a year or two they go back to their culture and blow their savings and take up with the 'Thai man they no like' that they first mentioned to their falang when first meeting them.

Perhaps they realise money is not everything?? crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

In this case she was also playing with the future of her two children. Tell me what would be better for them, a college education in the US or a six year education in Issan? As it stands, her daughter will wind up just like mama, working the bars of Bangkok and we know what kind of future that is. How many kids in Thailand would kill for an opportunity to come to the US for a good education? Probably more than you would think. Their mother could have also benefited from the education system here. Instead of "helping the family" for what ever time she has left in the bar, she could have helped them many years with the education she could have gotten here and the job that followed. As it is, she's not concerned about her or her children's future, only about today. The word "future" is not in her vocabulary.

quote:

Originally posted by HSTEACH:

The word "future" is not in her vocabulary.

That's true in many of the bar girls. They only live for today. Their mentality has been changed to cope with the stress of their work. Yes, it is stressful working as a bar girl..believe it or not. To be able to get up there and dance naked you need some extra efforts plus some drugs. Having a Mang Da Thai boyfriend is another way of dealing with it as buying some pleasure for themselves and themselves ONLY. There have been quite a few debate about this on the old board.

My point is that if you choose a bar girl you simply get a bar girl. It's as simple as that. You might have more chance of winning a lottery than getting a sensible bargirl to be your wife.

I'm sorry to hear your story though and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

quote:

Originally posted by BkkShaggy:

That's true in many of the bar girls. They only live for today. Their mentality has been changed to cope with the stress of their work.

That's a fact for many Thais not only bar girl they only live for today it's in part because of the religion and it have to do with the sanuck way of life.

So my comment is that you should thinking a lot before to bring a Thai bargirl out of Thailand because you can bring out the Thai bargirl of Thailand but you can't get out Thailand out of the bargirl head .........!

Looking through the glass at Annie's massage parlor, i realized they all could be my mother.....Definitely the place to go for retired g-bar gal

I am deeply impressed with the insightful comments of "Falang" and "bkkshaggy"....not. Common guys if you are going to point blank reproduce those old adages, at least put some new spin on them..or maybe a little more thought.

Yes, it maybe difficult to have a relationship with an ex-bg, but more often than not its the farang who screws it up (litterally and figuratively), by screwing everything that crosses his path...."Its OK..she's only a bar girl"...and then wondering why the girl finally gets sick of it and buggers off.

Not saying that this is what is going on with the original poster...that sounds much more like "mind games"..."If you really love me, you will come and rescue me"...no rescue in sight, maybe she is spot on? Just because they are ex-BG (or in this case an ex-wife), does not mean that they give up incessant mind games..some thing *all* women seem to get PhD's in at birth...

-josh-

Archived