Anyone done a visa run to SGP lately ?

Team,

Although I suspect that I will have to fly all the way back to Oz in June, if I can avoid it I will. I seem to recall that using the Thai Consulate in Singapore can be painful, given the large number of people who need visas, and I'm hoping someone can give me feeback on how long it took. 4 nights in a Sillypore hotel is about the same cost as 4 nights in a Brissie hotel, and I would avoid a lot of unnecessary air miles. From Thai immigration's POV, I will have left the country and (hopefully) returned with a visa - its all good.

Ta,

Artie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about Singapore, but there's a very user friendly little Thai consulate in Perth. Only open Tuesday and Thursday mornings though.

Perth only 3,723 miles from Bangkok and just over 6 hours flight time direct with Thai Airways (Tiger, Air Asia, Royal Brunei cheaper but transfers involved). Brisbane 4,561 miles from Bangkok.

Good luck, mate.

:beer:

Sorry that is being silly not pedantic. For starters when has one used airport codes when discussing Thai Embassy locations? 'nuff said.

I guess at the same time as when people use them to describe their location in their profile?

Display Name: Palatkik

Registered on: 22-05-01 11:00 PM

User Number: 684

Full Name: Palatkik

OK - lets all relax. When I worked at a University, the internal code for the Singapore partner was 'SGP' - I apologise profusely for confusing folk all over the world when I should have used 'SIN'. If anything, the code for Subarnawhatsit should be 'SIN', as in 'Sin City'.

Cheers,

Boggle, er, Gobble!

Forget that with airport codes as some sort of standard - which one for London or Paris with many airports?

HK is Hong Kong since old

CPH is Copenhagen and its airport but just in english, in danish KBH and in swedish KPH.

:beer:

Hopfully, I will have the doco to get a student visa, but I've been told that this is notoriously tough - failing that, the 60-day-with-30-day extension tourist visa. My concern is that the potential number of folk in Singapore who would be trying to get things like work visas for Thailand will be much larger than I would have to contend with in Brissie, and it would take longer for them to process my app. That said, even two more nights in a hotel is preferable to returning to Oz if I dont have to.

Ta,

Gobble

Archived