Anyone done a visa run to SGP lately ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gooble my mum regularly gets 1 years and 60 day visa's (depending how long she plans to stay here) from the consulate in BrisVegas - the girl behind the counter loves the Thai Wat that was built out at Beaudesert area - maybe mention you like it ;)

Also remind them that this could help resurrect the Leyland Brothers career!

Jesus, CTO - I wish you guys would stop dredging up bloody Mike and Mal - its almost as creepy as people who still call us 'Skippy' .... had a cab driver in KL say 'Australia - land of the kangaroo !' when he realised where I was from, to which I replied 'Malaysia - land of the oil palm !'. Thankfully, all four of us could see the humour - Malaysians are actually a fairly jovial lot, contrary to the poor image they have in Buddhist Thailand.

I dont know what the new wat in Beaudesert (likes a drive, that lass - Annerley to Beaudesert would easily take an hour at most times of the day) is like, but after visting Wat Arun and Wat Po, I think it will be a while before they top that standard. Couldnt get into the really big complex because I had shorts on (yeah, I know -not the best preparation), but I plan to rectify that in June.

Team,

Although I suspect that I will have to fly all the way back to Oz in June, if I can avoid it I will. I seem to recall that using the Thai Consulate in Singapore can be painful, given the large number of people who need visas, and I'm hoping someone can give me feeback on how long it took. 4 nights in a Sillypore hotel is about the same cost as 4 nights in a Brissie hotel, and I would avoid a lot of unnecessary air miles. From Thai immigration's POV, I will have left the country and (hopefully) returned with a visa - its all good.

Ta,

Artie

I've read that only single entry ED visas available in Singapore as of last month. Haven't read of any lengthy delays in getting visas in Singapore, so likely PP back the next afternoon.

Multi-entry ED's have been available recently in Penang and KL.

2 entry tourist visas available in Vientiane, Laos - no word on ED visas. (Some say don't apply there on Mondays.)

And Monday 19 May is a Thai holiday (Visakha Bucha Day) so Embassies and Consulates will be closed.

-redwood

Sorry that is being silly not pedantic. For starters when has one used airport codes when discussing Thai Embassy locations? 'nuff said.

I guess at the same time as when people use them to describe their location in their profile?

Touché. But hang on a sec, I seem to spend all my time in Swampypoon Airport TG check in lines and immigration queues!

Maybe I'm stupid, but why on Earth are you NOT getting your visa from Brisbane? That seems by far the easiest solution.

How is flying BKK-BNE easier than flying from BKK-SIN ? If I was flying to LOS via BNE, *and* I had the supporting doco now, I would be down there getting the visa as I type this, but I'm flying CNS-DRW-SIN-BKK : no flying southeast when I want to go north-west ....

School year starts soon - I'd get the Ed Visa ASAP

CTO, we both know that its going to be difficult to get the student visa, but the school I am looking at claims that I can start my 180 'private' lessons anytime, and that they can guarantee that I will get the student visa - I guess I'll find out soon enough if thats bullshit. As much as regular visa runs to Penang/KL etc would be an added expense, it might also take me out of the pressure cooker for a few days at a time - I will just have to accept that I'll either get the visa or I wont. Simple.

Archived