Bangkok Apartments - Short-Term Rental - General Advice

alfa_5

Hi everyone, I've vistited the city many times, but never for more than a few weeks; now I'm set to be there for about 10-12 weeks and need to get a 3-4 month rental apartment. Anyone got any hints on best areas, things to ask for, who to ask (!), and how much I should be prepared to fork out? I'm hoping to keep it on a reasonable budget - say $500 to $700 per month... but i really don't know what i'm doing, so any advice sought. In terms of areas - I want to be near a skytrain but not necessarily next door to one, and would prefer to be a bit out of the center.

I guess the main thing for me is finding a landlord that'll take a short rent like this, and as i'm only there a while, the place has to be ready to roll - don't want to be spending on extra towels, sheets, pots, pans etc if I am leaving in a matter of months... are there reasonable agencies that cater to this kind of limited market without taking advantage?

Thanks for any input.

Alf

Nope, almost no chance to find a short-term rental apartment.

Know there are a few ones around sukhumvit soi 3.

Plus the additional problem that you might never get your deposit back.

Best thing is to negotiate (directly) a monthly rate with one of the serviced apartments.

Many around BKK.

If you want to save money and still stay in a decent place close to a lot of things:

- Liberty place on soi 22 (about 12-14k bht/month)

Better and best value for the bucks and still cheap:

-Admiral suites soi 22 (about 34-38k bht/month)

Best:

- Center points: they are all over the city and you can negotiate (got quoted 42K bht/month)

More upscale:

- Grand sukhumvit by sofitel: Got a quote of 50K bht/month

- Emporium: Lowest quote I ever got was 120K/month

Many serviced apartments around the city, pick the ones you fancy.

There's "serviced apartments" around. More like a hotel room, but a little better.

15,000 baht a month, utilities included.

You missed one in Bangna, near the Big C, my riend was looking to rent it out but he did not renew his lease...so they are around.

Do a google...try some of the advertisers on Stickman's website.

www.stickmanbangkok.com

The serviced apartments are a good bet.

Another approach is to go ahead and sign a one year lease, then then leave when you want. You will forfeit your security deposit, but it might be well worth it if it helps you get the apartment and location you want.

TB, Saranjai is ok and handy for the BTS most of the apartments are privately owned and many of those are rented out. I had one myself on a years lease a few years ago. But you are correct that on one side of the building there are some apartments rented out on a monthly basis.

Simie.

Archived