New York to back same-sex unions from elsewhere

Bangkoktraveler

Why all the "queer fear?" What is more important? health care? pension protections? Job security? job outsourcing? off shore drilling? Nuclear program? or to dudes who want to make their relationship legal, and give them the same rights as everyone else? The gays will still be gay, still have gay sex, and nothing will be any better or worse for it. Meanwhile, the country is going to hell, and all anyone is concerned about is gay marriage?

Like many on this board, I am or have been in interracial relationships, and gotten shit for it. This racist shit is the same school of thought that the anti gay crowd sells. Hence, I feel a need to stand with the gays and lesbians on this, and defend their rights, as I would want them to defend mine.

Wasn't until 1948 that California lifted the ban/changed the laws regarding the marriage between whites and Chinese. Wasn't until the late 90's that the last state repealed their bann on black men marrying white women, all part of the same ignorance and hatred. Pisses me off that this is still even an issue, who cares what 2 people do as long as they are consenting adults?

Well said sir. Well said. :applause::applause::applause::applause::up:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived