48 Hours in Pattaya

jonjon058

Thanks for the report - was also in Pattaya a couple weeks ago (no, wait, only one week ago...) but stretched it to five days. You've nailed it with your last line, at least for me -- I definitely crossed the line after which it's a bit difficult reintegrating with my normal life, but I've crossed that line so many times I'm almost used to it now: basically, the first days back at work I try to avoid obvious missteps (wearing the "Good Guys go to Heaven" wifebeater to the office, drinking beer with breakfast, repeatedly sniffing my hand to make sure it doesn't stink of... you get the picture). Eventually the Pattaya haze lifts, but I suspect it leaves a bit of a residue, one that builds up unnoticed over time, until one day you realise it's permanent... and you start looking at beer bar prices and wondering how much you'd need to get by in Pattaya for your remaining years...

The thing that makes me laugh when I get back to England is that I'm still doing the "tart's shower" without thinking about it. Automatic reaching for "tops and tails" first and getting the anticipatory hard-on. :) (And then remembering that that hardon's not going to be met by a sexy Thai girl when I get out. :( )

Archived