top tailor pls?

CarlBkk

I was refered to a place called "world group", or "new world group" Lmtd, not far from the Oriental Hotel, several people told me it "was the best" I really don't know much about the place, just walked by it a few times. I have been told the prices were relatively higher, but still not a bad deal, and the quality is good. One of the guys told me he brought suits there and had them copied, something to concider. I'll see if I can find the card for you.

Just got back from a trip to Bangkok, me and some friends got some clothes made up at Chinese Tailors (recommended by the bell man at the hotel, maybe a miskate) address is 50/8-9 Rama 1 Road, Pratumwan. Tel is 219-4555. Was not cheap. But service and advise were excellent. Best experiance I had with tailors ever. Good selection of material. The fitting and measurement process seemed very precise. In the end great fit, great quality, but not exactly cheap either. I've had clothes made in Korea before, the price was about the same, but I think quality and fit was a little better in Bangkok.

All-

On the advise of fellow board member CRASH999, I went to Raja's Fashions on Soi 3 (Nana Nua).. They are RIGHT next door to NEP....

I got four (dbl breasted) suits with two pairs of pants each, four shirts (french cuff w/ monogram) and some ties all for USD900... That is at least 60% below what I could get in the US..

Materials were first class... service excellent!

I would recommend without reservation!

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: Special thanks to CRASH999 for the most excellent suggestion! Crash- you can keep that extra B1000 note! LOL laugh.gif" border="0

I'm a bit wary of the large bulk tailors offering deals..their material quality seems a bit lower than others. There's one right next to Suk soi 11 (down a sidestreet that join sukhumvit to soi 11) which is advertised widely with excellent sounding offers. However, 5 mins after entering the Indians were the rudest and most disinterested staff I've ever come across. We just laughed them off and walked out - couldn't bare to give them any business. If they treat customers like that they sure as hell won't make the suits with care and attention.

Just to clarify about the tailors we went to while in Bangkok. Their store was a fairly large building ground floor was the main showroom, they had the better stuff upstairs and the actual workshop was one floor up. They actually let us visit the workshop, and the head tailor came out to do the measurements and fittings. Again, great service and advice. For my friend bought 2 suits (one silk), and 5 shirts and paid about $600 US. I paid $560 US for 2 sport coats, 1 pair of slacks, and 3 shirts. Maybe not the cheapest, but some of the best material and workmanship I've seen, and I used to sell mens clothing here in the US. Hell I've sold some Armani and Boss suits that cost twice that and didn't fit as well.

I usually use Dinos , two shops both on the even side of Sukhumvit, one the high side of Asok the other close to Landmark.

They are pricey though.

I normally look to see if the material is cut and stitched on the premises.

Most of the Indian tailors sub all their work out, so the actual tailor never sees you.

When your in the shop just take a look around and see if any body is actually working rather than selling on a cheap tailors services.

The Hamburger

Archived