Gold Shops outside Chinatown

Lamock Chokaprret

Since X-mas is getting close, I need to get a gift for my tirac.

Anybody got a handle on a good shop selling gold. Don't really feel like making the trip out to Chinatown. Since they're all pretty much the same with respect to the price per weight what I'm looking for is:

1. Good selection

2. Reasonable labor / workmanship charge

3. Close to Sukhumvit or Sky Train

MBK had a good selection, some items not available in China town, The prices were high, but they did bargin down, especially if you know the Bhat gold price in China town that day (usually front page of the BKK post). The selection was more "Thai oriented" and was o.k. It is near the? sky train stop, maybe sprts stadium? not quite sure, but it is there! right at the stop. Workmanship is the same, some of the shops have branches in Chinatown, and other parts of BKK. Also Sukhumvit near soi10? near the over pass close to CEP but the other side, there is a shop, o.k. selection, prices the same. Robinsons downstairs also had nice stuff, but pricy, they may bargin if it is a slow day.

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Thanks guys, for the info. Plan on checking it out this weekend.

Old Hippie: MBK is at the National Stadium stop on the Silom line.

Yeah! That's it, I knew it was near a stadium stop! Decent selection, bit pricy, but they will bargin. What floor is it that has most of the Gold/jewelry shops? 3rd?

Archived