Africa is giving nothing to anyone- apart from AIDS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats one of the points he was making. The continent is so rich in minerals, farmland and other natural resources.

Yet is dependent on aid and help which doesnt look like it will change.

The author of the article is a dyed in the wool liberal, you couldnt get a more liberal paper, thats what makes the article so poignant.

STH

Thats one of the points he was making. The continent is so rich in minerals, farmland and other natural resources.

He doesn't mention it.

A great read, though, and I'm glad they published such a contrary and politically incorrect view - I don't think any major paper in my country would.

I mean, fuck! He's advocating letting them die off by starvation!

Seems ironic that it would come out of Ireland, one of the last countries to embrace some forms of contraception. One of his points that might be argued is the population reduction in Ireland as a result of the famine. Much of it was due to emigration, which he also fails to mention.

And to compare the German atrocities during the Nazi regime with Africa is one of the most stupids things I have read for a long time. And don't forget that Germany received millions of US dollars afterwards (Marshall Plan).

The author doesn't even know the basics of history.

Also to describe "Africa" as a continent of famine and corruption is utterly stupid as well.

Also to describe "Africa" as a continent of famine and corruption is utterly stupid as well.

Is there some other continent where starvation and corruption are more endemic?

And why the quotes?

Maybe for those more accustomed to "Afrika." :dunno:

STH,

I couldn't find it anywhere in the article.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty one sided instead of poignant. I agree though that the help we gave didn't change things for the better.

On the other hand, european, american and chinese business interests are all too willing to drain the natural resources keeping all the profits for themselves.

I recently saw a docu where european fisher boats bought fishing quotas from corrupt african officials, leaving the waters empty for the local fishermen.

I also remember Amsterdam city officials sending a ship to the Ivory Coast to dump its chemical waiste.

Seems to me we that the 'help' we give them is something they could do without.

Archived