Nero 8

cavanami

I had similar problems with Nero 8, running Vista.

Got rid of that bloated software and installed ConvertXtoDVD, works with anything I throw at it to make movie DVD's.

Also received a mail from Ashampoo to upgrade to Burning studio 8 for 9.99 USD (from a trial version I installed last year and was not convinced then. Used it a few times and works fine for me, functionality similar to Nero 8.

tartempion,

you ever heardof of checking the burning quality of your burned disk? Nero brings a tool named Nero DiscSpeed. There's a tab 'Disk Quality' where you may check the quality of your burned disks. If your drive supports this feature, not all do.

Depending on the combination of drive/disk burning with max speed will result in much higher error counts than maybe burning at more moderate 8x or 4x burn speed.

You may be surprised...

There are whole forums just testing different drive/disk combinations at different burn speeds and posting the screenshots of Nero DiscSpeed. Unfortunately the ones I know are in german language.

I may, of course, have told you nothing new.

I usually burn a video at the lowest speed I can. I had read that when you burn at a lower speed, you physically burn the tracks deeper, resulting in the DVD lasting longer.

Some scientist made a study and found that CD/DVDs would like "wear out" over a few years, so he suggested the slower burning speed.

Archived