Nero 8

cavanami

I just loaded Nero 8 on to my PC and when I was about to try to make some DVDs, got a pop up that I needed to download some "third party patent" crap. When I tried to do the download, got some error message that my copy of Nero 8 was a pirate copy or some nonsense like that...

How to get around this problem?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Hi,

there's a file called 'NeroPatentActivation.exe' which can be found in 'c:\program files\common files\nero\shared\NL3\'

Delete the fucker. The messages about the pirated copy should be gone.

About the 'third party patent', no idea.

Maybe something special like DTS sound for DVDs, which is afaik not included in Nero 8.

Maybe also a problem that your serial?

When I first ran Nero 8, I just did a cancel on all of it and it would not process the DVD burning...in fact, it "trashed" the DVD so that the PC could not find the CD/DVD in my PC.

A reboot corrected that, but what a POS (Piece Of Shit)!!!

Even after deleting that Patent crap file and a reboot, I still get the pop up...maybe time to "upgrade" back to Nero 7 :dunno:

I usually get an "avi" movie, import it into Nero, convert o DVD format, then burn the DVD. Worked OK in Nero 7...NFG in Nero 8.

It is Nero Vision 5 that is giving me the heartburn...I will give it a try to burn to the HD and then on to the DVD.

I start with an avi file.

Go to Nero Vision 5 to burn the DVD.

Nero Vision 5 wants to convert the avi into the DVD format (vob, etc).

This is where is gets heartburn and wants patents and this that and the other thing.

Tried to burn to the HD, same same, NFG!

Archived