What to buy?

What would you suggest a tourist buy in Bangkok? Souveniers are a matter of personal taste of course, but....ignoring counterfeit software and watches for a moment (lol) I'm curious what else is a good buy in Thailand.

Did you know that you can finance your whole trip here by buying some gemstones to take back and sell at home?

Actually, you're really in luck because there's a special Buddhist holiday this week, and all the government-owned gem stores are having big sales. No kidding! Just ask any tuk-tuk driver and he'll be able to take you to one.

quote:

Did you know that you can finance your whole trip here by buying some gemstones to take back and sell at home?

Actually, you're really in luck because there's a special Buddhist holiday this week, and all the government-owned gem stores are having big sales. No kidding! Just ask any tuk-tuk driver and he'll be able to take you to one.

shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0 Woooaav!! This week too? ..Almost too good to be true. What are you waiting for guys? laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by PvtDick:

I was thinking more of clothing, crafts, etc. laugh.gif" border="0

I guess that will teach me the value of asking a serious question on this board. Mai pen rai.

Steve (at the Time Internet Cafe) cool.gif" border="0

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: steve ]

Archived