Tennis: a classic choke/submission

Tiger Moth

....Anyway, I was hoping for a little more praise for the underdog but no worries. :cover:

All in fun.

Sorry to dissappoint. :content:

I would say Roddick played as well as he can / ever has and Murray had an off day (on his serve).

To be honest I've never really liked the huge serve guys and always favoured those with a more all round game, i.e., those players with more shots in their armoury (more skill).

I'm actually more dissappointed with Murray for not winning because I believe he would have had a better chance of stopping Federer winning another title than I am because he lost to Roddick. For whatever reason Federer doesn't enjoy playing against Murray.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

he's no better, if he had hit my daughter with a ball like he did that time, remember, the ball girl, he'd have been in intensive care, fucking spoilt little cunt.

Come on.........Murray's own admission, he said he played well. Even said he had more aces which means to me he was happy enough with his serve. He got beat, straight up.

And I'm sure The Fed does want to play Roddick as Federer has beaten the hell out of him and Murray has beaten the hell out of Federer.

Oh well, I guess I wanted some positive comment about a guy who was given pretty much no chance to beat Murray. Roddick's a fighter who seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of tennis. Works his ass off and no repect. I wonder what would happen if he actually beat Federer.....hmmmmmm. :nono::shhh::hmmm: Dare to dream, baby!!

Guest lazyphil

bjorn borg and pete sampras, stefan edberg were good ammbassadors, gents, not the little runts like murray and henman. plus they won grand slams!

Come on.........Murray's own admission, he said he played well. Even said he had more aces which means to me he was happy enough with his serve. He got beat, straight up.

I was amazed that he had more aces!

However I don't think the fact that he had more aces means that his serve was good. Roddick would have had more aces against anyone else but Murray returned so many of his serves.

The problem with Murrays serve was that his first serve percentage was so low and his second serve has no pace in it so Roddick could pick it off.

Agreed. And I'll conceed this, as well. Murray will win far more majors than Roddick. Depending on Nadal's injury, Murray and Djokovic could be the next great rivalry in tennis. Del Potro will also contend if he can figure out how to move his 6'6" body around. Veeeeeeery sloooooooooow.

bjorn borg and pete sampras, stefan edberg were good ammbassadors, gents, not the little runts like murray and henman. plus they won grand slams!

Supporting home grown talent would be more productive than slagging it off. :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if Murray doesn't win a few grand slams. He's only 22.

Archived