2 Men Charged With Possessing Molotov Cocktails to Use at GOP Convention

Bangkoktraveler

I'd like to see a coup in the US.

Right wing, left wing, it wouldn't matter.

The country could break up into about three parts, Calexico, Biblebeltia and Sanebutstaidia.

The ousted losers could set up governments in exile in Bangkok.

Now that would bring me out of my cave near Chiang Rai for a Friday night meeting.

Old Hippie, president in exile for Calexico, Rogue Yam, leader of the disloyal opposition...

Very interesting possibilities.

U.S. Congress has an 11% approval rating. You would think 89% would be voted out in an election. Insteasd 89% are re-elected, every election; and the chance to change the gov is lost. Strange how that works.

If we changed it by force, who would be installed as the new leader?

The fact is so long as you have a concentration of power in washington, you will have a gov that is hijacked by special interests. There is only one solution, reduce the size of the fed gov drastically. By 50% or more. Go back to self reliance and stop dreaming about how the fed gov can solve your problems.

But I like the idea of a revolution, maybe it will come to that.

U.S. Congress has an 11% approval rating. You would think 89% would be voted out in an election. Insteasd 89% are re-elected, every election; and the chance to change the gov is lost. Strange how that works.

If we changed it by force, who would be installed as the new leader?

The fact is so long as you have a concentration of power in washington, you will have a gov that is hijacked by special interests. There is only one solution, reduce the size of the fed gov drastically. By 50% or more. Go back to self reliance and stop dreaming about how the fed gov can solve your problems.

But I like the idea of a revolution, maybe it will come to that.

You're far too over governed, the presidential system is bullshit and the states should be restricted to keeping the roads in good condition and supplying clean water.

The Westminster system is seriously flawed but it runs rings around what you have.

The country could break up into about three parts

Lincoln fucked up by holding the country together. He killed hundreds of thousands to do it. Why shouldn't a state secede if it wants? Is the U.S. a place governed by consent or not?

Vermont wants to go back as to what it was, an independent country called the Republic of Vermont.

Archived