What is it with the sudden rash of thread locking?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

Obviously your board and you can do what you want with it...but I strongly disagree with shoehorning all the US election topics into one thread.

There are so many variables here that they deserve their own place. Much like putting all Thai news into one thread...it would become unreadable very quickly.

While I understand that many here don't have any interest in these topics...I don't understand why they can't just scroll past them and click on the ones they are interested in. Nobody is forcing them to read these threads. But these threads do have significant interest here...the Obama thread alone have thousands of replies...certainly one of the most popular threads on the entire board.

Hope you reconsider...because this is the first thing I usually read here and I fear it will become unmanageable and far less interesting having to sift through many different topics all in this one umbrella thread.

Hi!

I to some extent se your point as it is quite easy to scroll by topics that are of no interest, I do it all the time. I also see KS's point of view. This board is after all about Thailand and especially the night life. Sometimes it seems to me that some posters adhere to the American's view that they are the centre and rulers of the world. This is ofcourse completely wrong.

While I understand that many here don't have any interest in these topics

I can assure you that the US presidential election is of great interest to many non Americans. The outcome will affect all of us but we are not allowed to vote.

There was an article in today's Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet" about Sara Palin quoting an interview. What she said was that a war with Russia could happen and if it did she would support it because it was god's plan. Such dangerous looneys should in my opinion be stopped.

regards

ALHOLK

I keep getting "Sarah is great" emails from friends and relatives in the States. Quite frankly, I see her as one reason not to vote for John McCain, whom I actually like. I'm sure she's a nice lady. But she has no business leading the world's most militarily powerful nation. Nobody can convince me otherwise. :(

p.s. Unlike moose, the Russians can shoot back.

Archived