What is it with the sudden rash of thread locking?

TheCorinthian

Hi,

The US election threads were really getting out of hand and to be honest they do not really have a place on this board. Keeping the discussion restricted to one thread is the middle ground as far as I am concerned. Part of me was considering a total ban on the subject.

Creating a temporary sub-forum as per TheCorinthian's suggestion doesn't sound like a bad idea, but all those threads would still show up in the recent topics view for those who read the board that way.

I'll do this the democratic way, with a poll in GD.

Sanuk!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

The US election threads were really getting out of hand and to be honest they do not really have a place on this board. Keeping the discussion restricted to one thread is the middle ground as far as I am concerned. Part of me was considering a total ban on the subject.

Creating a temporary sub-forum as per TheCorinthian's suggestion doesn't sound like a bad idea, but all those threads would still show up in the recent topics view for those who read the board that way.

I'll do this the democratic way, with a poll in GD.

Sanuk!

I see it just the same as the football forum. It gets a pretty fair amount of traffic, but I don't post in it nor read it, and I don't whinge that it is there. Seems a serious double standard from some folks to me.

Cheers,

SD

Football and Politics........

different but same same..............

Football has many millions around the World who have an interest in the sport.

many more then the US Elections.

you have no interest in the Football Thread and i respect that decision but i hope you respect my decision to have no interest in the US Election Threads.

i think KS has done a good thing by trying to bring all the US Election talk into one Thread.

i see no reason for 10-20 Threads on the same subject.

and i also think we do not need so many Football Threads,there should be one for the whole Season.

but i am guilty when i start different Threads about Football but they are relevant.

i just don't see the point of starting a Thread on a particuler subject and it has few replies and could have been discussed in a general Thread...........

the Joey Barton Thread comes to mind....... :sad:

Archived