Airport to Pattaya...

vinod

I agree with that those Bangkok taxi guys I know either own their cars or pay 500 baht/day in rent or down-payment.

This is confirmed by me. There may be someplace that makes the drivers split with the owner but I have never heard of it.

I can tell you that every driver I've talked to about it rents the taxi for usually 500 baht. Also know a bar girl that owns a taxi and rents it for 500 baht. She wants to buy more so she must be making money.

Taxi's are either owned, leased or rented. Rented taxi's can come from 400 to 700 baht per 12 hours (this is from conversations with taxi drivers). I have never heard about sharing meter income with a boss. They just pay flat fees and the petrol/lpg they put in their cars anything left over after the 12 hours is for them.

If they exchange their cars to late, the fine is anywhere from 100-200 baht an hour. Usual exchange times for the different taxi companies is 15-17 and 03-05. Which is why many taxi refuse to go places as they are underway to exchange their car and do not want to be late! Some drivers have other time arrangements. Some taxi-owners (usually green-yellow are owned taxi's!!) will drive their own cars for half a day and then rent it out for the other half of the day.

Waerth

Archived