Hitting the Wall w Krung Thai Bank

gawguy

Cant agree with you about their online banking - simple and easy for most if not all functions - what sucks in your point of view?

Huuu???

I use SCB Easy net.

That's brilliant, thank you.

As a software designer would you think the user wants to continue now or NOT???

If you do "continue" you get a screen with your accounts. What else would you expect? tell me please. The welcome screen is useless, and that's a preview of what awaits you for any subsequent action. Now if you think they deserve a medal for excellence in software design, go ahead.

It only gets worse and you will scratch you head to find out what's the next step you need to go through to get something done.

At SCB can you just do a transfer?

No: need to navigate to own account, other SCB account, other bank, international.

You need to pay someone for the first time, oh, you need to set up the beneficiary somewhere, again different depending SCB account, other bank etc, then they sent you an SMS with a code you need to activate on a screen somewhere, then you can go back to make your payment in the relevant category, user friendly? my ass.

And isn't there a max of 10 accounts you can set up in any of these categories?

And what with these preset utilities billers? No need to set up these guys, I fought my way through and did not find any I could use, TOT is even not there.

SCB is a nightmare to navigate and find the correct order of screens/transactions to get someting done.

If you think SCB is "user friendly online banking" come have a look at my Credit Agricole system

A) Securised log in: need to input pin code on separate calculator besides user name and password; no calculator, no pin code: no access

B) select account/debit card/credit card from list (with balance) to work on and function "transfer"

C) enter account number (any bank in France) to transfer to if new, if old select from drop down list (ask SCB what drop down list is), enter amount and description.

If new account system will check account existence with country wide data base and complete fields showing name and address, ask you if you want to have new account in drop down list, all on same screen, question of dialogue box (again ask SCB what dialogue box is)

D) review and confirm (under certain circumstances you will need your calculator again, but that is the only way to get tight security, nothing to do with user friendliness)

To see account activity (history) select account from list after login and select function "activity" no need to enter from-to dates, why would you need that????? you need to view older transactions than what's displayed on your screen? Click "next" Have 6 months transactions on data base. etc etc

I have several KTB accounts. Never asked for two ATM cards for the same accounts, but I have one card for each account and can transfer money among them via the internet without any problem.

And I am drawing interest on my deposit for my retirement visa.

One thing I've learned about banks in Thailand is that if you don't like what you hear at one branch, just go to another and ask again. Often the staff are not well informed or informed incorrectly, but luckily inconsistently.

Go to a different branch and you will most likely get a different answer.

Archived