Cold weather to last until middle February: forecast chief

Mentors

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash,

As I drive through the villages leading to mine from Surin in the early mornings I see Thais wrapped in blankets and coats sitting around open fires in front of their houses. It's quite common. Usually a fire of dried rice stalks and whatever small wood chips, branches, paper, etc. It is strange really, but they are very sensitive to any temperature drop. Just a couple of degrees difference seems to set them to goosebumps and moaning how cold they are. :)

But bringing in the charcoal brazier into the house is plain stupid. Can anyone say asphixiation?

We could probably make a killing importing cheap electric space heaters and selling them in Isaan off the back of a pick-up truck. :thumbup: :smirk: I've never seen one here!

Cent

"cold too mut for anything below 30deg"

yeah & then "too mut hot for anything above 31deg" :rolleyes:

actually yesterday evening & this morning down to 25deg or so in BKK (fullmoon & clear skies), but this evening appraching 30deg again although the 'cool air' seem to remain providing a nice breeze on my balcony :up:

Yep temperatures are nice in Bangkok now!

When we played in Ratchaburi (Khao Ngoo) and Kanchanaburi (Sai Yok) it was pretty cool though and for once I was happy we perform in suits!

I am usually not so happy with that when we have a show at 15.00 in the afternoon in the blazing sun like 1,5 week ago .....

• 1 month later...

The forecast chief of the Meteorological Department said Wednesday that cold weather would last until the middle of February.

no' date=' surely not...this is just incredible...how someone can come up with such a stunning forecast...i've never, ever, noticed that a cool season follows a wet one...

may i can be so bold and predict that come mid-february the temperature will go UP? that's right, UP, not down...

[/quote']

it comes true, even here in the South!

Cold weather to last until middle February: forecast chief

The forecast chief of the Meteorological Department said Wednesday that cold weather would last until the middle of February.

Somchai Baimunag, director of the department's Weather Forecast Office, said cold weather would begin on November 8 and would last until the middle of February.

He said the temperature would be about one or two degrees lower than last year.

He said the temperature in Bangkok in December and January would be drop to about 17 to 18 Celsius degree.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30087682

lucky i have my ski and sleigh with me :)

Cold weather? :rotfl:

Surely your having a laugh :confused:

I think it averaged about 1 or 2 degrees here in December! :(

Archived