Mid-October to Early November 2008

Mike Goodtime

Here is my trip report for the year. I included some non-nightlife aspects of my trip given I did not want to break my trip report up into various sections of this forum.

Airline: Took Cathay Pacific both ways from the USA. Had to go through LAX, which sucked because they have no transfer terminal. I got an extra special check by customs at LAX, very annoying. Cathay Pacific was a good ride both ways.

Bangkok International Airport (BKK) to Hotel: Airport Express for 150 Baht. Awesome!

Nana Hotel to BKK: Nana limo for 800 Baht. Not awesome! Next time I will drag my luggage down the road and catch a taxi to BKK.

Jet lag: Arrived in the morning and left in the morning. Very little jet lag both ways. Awesome!

Opinion of protests/general safety: What protests? No worries. Safe as always, as long as you are not a drunk idiot tourist.

Weather: Awesome! Not to hot or cold. Rain was here and there, but nothing major. Be careful not to step in the puddles; they are dirty as hell--speaking from experience.

Below is the Bangkok nightlife debrief:

Massage Parlors:

Annie's Massage is great. Most of them are older, but they are performers. There is always a cutie in the bunch. 1700 Baht everything included.

Tulips and other massage parlors in the area: Good, but a little on the pricey side. It will cost you 800 Baht entrance fee or so plus 1500 for "the special." Tulips had a good performer, but she was not worth 2300 baht. I know there are a lot of Tulip fans on this board, but baht for baht I will go with Annie's.

Freelancers:

My first outing was with a freelancer from last year. Had a good time, but she was looking for love, so I made myself scarce.

The Beer Garden has good freelance action, but it seems the freelancers have a bit more attitude this time around--very down to business. Also, they are quoting very high prices at times. 3000 baht for a short time. From now on I will stay away from the Beer Garden short times unless there is a real looker that I have to have. The short timers also seem to be clock watchers this year.

In the afternoon at New Wave you can have a good game of pool with a lady and get a short time for about 1500 baht. My lady was OK, but not worth a repeat. Once again, in general, the service side of the house seems to have gone down on short times.

The street walkers were on par with the New Wave and Beer Garden. So, so service; clock watchers, etc. About 1500 for a short time.

At Gullivers I picked up a good freelancer, but I wish I would have waited a bit longer to check out her hot sisters and friends who came ten minutes later! Aaah! Oh well, she was a good performer. She came looking for me the next night for seconds, but I had to turn her down. I cannot believe she tracked me down! Scary!

Thermae was great as always even though I got one bad apple this year (i.e., drunk runner). Most of the time I go with long times at the Thermae or have short time and extend it to a long time. If I get a good long time then I pay them 3000 Baht. My favorite of my trip was a long time from the Thermae. Hopefully I can see her next year if I am lucky.

Pattaya:

Personally Pattaya is great, but not to my liking. I prefer Bangkok.

This year I was sick for two days, which sucked. I think I got some bad orange juice.

Massage Parlor:

I went to Sabaidee Massage. The room was too cold, service OK, clock watcher, and too expensive with 2300 Baht for everything.

Bars:

At Hero bar I met a good performer. Good times.

Wonderful Bar offered another good performer.

I went to another bar (forget the name) and got a shy girl, but not a starfish by any means. Still not worth a second round.

Freelancers:

Picked up a freelancer on Beach Road for a 500 short-time. Good deal and a good performer. She looked like one of those stuck up indie, pot smoking chicks back in the USA, so that was a thrill.

Advise to myself for next year: Get a good freelancer from the Thermae for long-time. Stick with Annie's massage. Stay away from the short-times unless you cannot control yourself.

All in all there is no place like Thailand!!! See you next year!!!

Archived