Hotel recommendation in BKK?

t-ride

...Who cares....too farkn cheap anyway.....

..Only ever stay at the Oriental......myself

...errr Oriental Pearl guest house...that is...

..Sukhumvit Soi 129...

...Not bad...279 Bt a nyt...and free crabs....talk about a bargain... free Dinner...as well as brekky

Besides...on a good nyt...you can be at Cowboy in under 2 hours...

Cheers DC

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The JW Marriot is one of the nicest I've stayed in (Marriot used to be my hotel chain of choice until I switched to Starwood). The hotel is quite guest friendly. I once had a dinner there with 6 or 7 BGs dressed like BGs and the host outwardly treated everyone with respect and appropriate deference. Now, if I could have read his mind... haha.

The internet, however, was expensive if I recall correctly. But I can't remember.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just back from Thailand and wanted to thank everyone for the Marriott recommendation.

It turned out to be the perfect hotel for me; location is ideal 2 minutes away from Nana, 5 minutes from BTS, the room was nice (bathroom could be improved though) and no staring from staff in the lobby when bringing back the girls. Guards also don't take id card of the girls but I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not.

The pool is ok and was empty in the late afternoon when I was going there. The fitness room was a bit more busy but still ok and I could work out properly.

There were more girls than customers in Nana so I didn't even bother going to Soi Cowboy; don't know if I missed anything. I mostly barfined girls from rainbow bars and 1 starfish from g-spot. I've never seen NEP so empty, most bars had only few customers.

All in all I really had a great time there and will certainly stay at the Marriott next time I'm in BKK.

For my next trip in March I'll spend a few days in BKK and most of the time in Pattaya so I'm wondering if the Marriott in Pattaya is as nice as the one in BKK? If any of you guys have ever stayed there, feedback welcome.

Internet was 630 THB/24 hour which is quite expensive compared to what is available outside but at least it was fast and reliable. I could work through the VPN connection in good conditions.

The room also provide the necessary cables to connect a laptop to the LCD TV screen which is nice, I could watch some movies that I brought with me directly on the TV.

Archived