first hand accounts

itsmedave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

airlines are just putting the earliest possible dates for reopening in their systems what else could they do? they don't know better than anyone else when the PAD will be out from the airports...

however there's the alternative pattaya airport where actually bangkok air have regular flights to samui & phuket meaning phuket is a serious alternative gateway to BKK.

other international airlines like TG, SQ etc are able to get a few flights going from pattaya as well, but nothing even coming close to 'normal' operation.

china airlines as reported by wearth is using chaing mai as gateway, but then passengers will have to make their way to BKK (800+ km) by land i.e. bus, train or car...

I just chatted with ANA and they rebooked me from 01 Dec to 03 Dec, with a "maybe" that I can fly t BKK.

They wanted to book me 04 or 05 or 06, but all full, so the snowball is rolling down hill.

They also said at this time they have no flights going in to Utapao only emegency flights taking people out....Errrr, OK, how do the planes et in to Utapao or do they build them there and then fly them out :dunno:

No matter, a screwed up mess!!!

Archived