first hand accounts

itsmedave

Hey,

The wife and I are extremely interested in what's going on over there.

Usually the mainstream press is both too conservative to print what is actually happening while at the same time sensationalizing everything to sell papers. (making it seem like a war zone...when in reality it's life as usual for everybody not in a 2 block area)

So, for those of us not currently in the capital...can you please use this thread as a place to post your first hand accounts, what rumors are you hearing, what does your brother in law...who happens to be the barber of the military general, say is going to happen next...and is this more or less serious than CNN is letting on?

Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Also, on the Nation front page website, they are advertising flight fares of only $550 to Bangkok right now. Good deal?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Girlfriend and her friends:

they have a lot of contacts with governement officers/representatives every day.

Most of them from the land department, rumour has it that there is a big rift among the high ranking officials, some more focused on the PAD and other political stuff, some starting to be scared by the current economic situation and the future -> especially the people well "connected" with companies such as the ones my girlfriend and her friends work for.

Thai friends of my family: Ex police general living in korat, he doesn't think the country could start a civil war but he is damn concerned about the number of weapons he thinks have been "stolen" from the police/army armory and given to people from both sides (although mainly PDD).

He admits he has no "proofs" of these manipulations though.

Cheers

may wifes family and neighbours (living in the South) are very upset about PAD.

Two neighbours could not reach important business meetings today.

I like to see how the PAD leaders will end when most of the Thais starting to become really angry.

Nearly no one in the South has voted ever for TRT or PPP. But they are very frustrated about what the PAD sect is doing in the last few weeks.

I know nothing, my wife knows nothing, the families we know know nothing ... as far as this or any other forum is concerned.

Even what we discuss over dinner is never discussed elsewhere I am just a dumb farang ;)

:yeahthat:

This is a lot more serious (in an overall aspect) than is lead to believe. That's all I can say...

Cheers,

SD

Archived