Root Canal - Wait

gawguy

Root canal when done properly should take 3 weeks

Week one remove root and pack with antibiotics and temporary filling.

Week two insert rods into canals and temporary filling.

Week three if not reaction to previous work remove temporary filling and place permanent filling of in some cases crown.

I would not get any teeth work done in BKK hospital in Pattaya, maybe at the Pattaya International Hosp in an emergency. I was a victim of a crooked dentist at BKK hosp a few yrs back when they were desperate in trying to raise cash for a new wing. I got ripped off big time and am still trying to repair the damages they did to a tooth. I would only go now to one with an excellent reputation in my home turf.

I am allergic to dentists and was told a few years ago by a nice dentist that a root canal is caused by the tooth root rotting out.

He said in 9 cases out of 10 antibiotics will solve the problem. You may have to take 2 or 3 times but the root should be gone in about 12 months and therefore no more problems.

In the 1 case out of 10 anti bios will not work so you need the treatment.

The dentist is question gave up dentistry a year later.

Good point, Lord Toad!

Years ago, I had the hot/cold pain thing with a tooth. I went to the dentist, and he said a root was inflamed, but did not require a root canal. He told me to take Excedrin. I did this for a year and I never quite kicked the inflammation. One day I was talking to an Ayurvedic doctor and she recommended I boil water then put two cloves of peeled garlic into the boiling water for two minutes. After two minutes, I was to let the garlic cool down and then eat the cloves. She explained that garlic was a natural antibiotic. Bingo! The problem was cured in days!

P.S. Getting my mercury fillings out of my mouth was one of the best decisions of my life.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the dentist on Monday and she said that:

1. the "white" fillings wear down quickly

2. you eat more mercury in seafood then you will ever get with the fillings.

...all in all, she did not think replacing the fillings was needed or would she recommend replacing the fillings.

Why....?This interests me as I have several mercury fillings....is it expensive/difficult ?

I got my mercury fillings taken out in 2002, and had them replaced with the (white) porcelain fillings. The porcelin fillings are all still in and doing great.

Dentists are in total denial about the harm of mercury fillings because they know there would be mega lawsuits and shame on their profession if the truth was exposed on a national and global scale. I noticed a substancial change in my dental and overall health when I finally had my mercury fillings removed.

The cost of removing the mercury fillings depends on how many you have. I had a lot, and I believe it cost me about $3,000. My insurance paid half and I paid half.

On a side note, the ass-hole law firm I worked for did not let me take my sick/medical leave days to get the dental work done. (If you have a lot of work that needs to be done, it will take several visits. But, the process is easy). And, I only took one sick day in all the five years I was with the firm. Honorable people always get the shaft in today's world. Don't get me started about how most people use sick days as vacation days in the work place.

The only mistake I made was going to a crazy new age dentist who was not very good with the after care. Go to a good, "normal" dentist who is sympathetic to taking out the mercury fillings. This is your best bet.

Archived