Black Friday Madness

Steve

The day after our Thanksgiving here (last thursday in November) is the 'official' start of the Christmas shopping season in the states, for those non Americans who are not aware of the term 'Black Friday'. Stores open as early as 4am and offer deep discounted prices to lure shoppers. New products are sometimes debuted on this day.

At many big retailers there are large crowds amassing out front.

Its gotten a little crazier this year:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27955316/

Wal-Mart worker dies after crowd rushes store

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27957714/

2 dead after shots fired in Calif. Toys 'R' Us

Two people were shot to death in a crowded toy store on Black Friday in a confrontation apparently involving rival groups, city officials said.

No, very much real.

I went out a bit and the traffic was unbelievable!

The line in the stores were over one hour!

People are out shopping but only for items on sale or very cheap.

Price of gas is waaaay down, like $1.68 in the Chicago area, so cheap(er) to drive and people are out and about.

I can't believe how they killed the guy at Wal-Mart.

Ever been to a Walmart and seen the typical customers? If you don't have one in your town, you're lucky, because the stores are scum magnets.

I've been there exactly three times, only out of extreme necessity, the last two times trying to find some cheap brand of body lotion for a Thai girl that only Walmart carried. :banghead:

I'd like to meet the bastard who turned the poor 'normal girl' on to it. :susel: Easier to go the The Emporium and buy expensive shit for bargirls

people fighting over a $9 DVD of The Hulk...... :doah:

if i wanted it and i don't i can get it cheaper than that in the UK,why so expensive in the US?.

thankfully i don't go shopping amongst the hordes at the large shopping centres.

i do it all on-line and have bought everything already this Year and everything delivered in 10 Days.

a much more relaxing way to shop...........

Archived