english teachers required

Heres the info. 14 Assumption Colleges spread throughout Thailand and the one in Bangkok needs three more NZ teachers to teach Conversation English. This entails very basic teaching and the idea is to get the students to speak in English. There is not much bookwork necessary. The school is from 8 am to 3.30 Monday to Friday. You live in the English teachers hostel. Your food, board, health insurance and your teaching clothes are all free. At the end of each month you receive 20,000 Baht in cash equiv. of $1,000 dollarsNZ, and although this does not sound much it goes three times as far as it would in NZ. You can earn extra money by taking private pupils after school for which you receive extra money. The parents are very keen on their children doing these extra lessons. Within the first week of arriving you will receive your airfare back in cash and if you fulfil your years contract you will receive the same in cash just before you leave. We work on 2 semesters a year and the next big holiday 2months begins on March 15th. If you are interested I would like to hear back asap then you would be able to make it in Feb.perhaps. The only stipulation the Thai Govt makes is that you must have a degree. It does not matter which kind but they will want to see your original degree certificate which you will have to bring with you. I have been here 8 months and havent spent any of my salary because Im living on the extra money I hearn teaching private pupils. If you have a degree it is a great experience. Do you know of any other NZ ers with a degree who would be interested also in coming to THailand. You dont need to have any teaching experience because the teaching of Conversation English is so basic. Although 20.000 Baht does not seem much because of all the free perks you are actually better of than many of the International Schools because you have to find you own board and food, etc.

Assumption College Rayong.

Any one interested?

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: coss ]

Ah, that NZ passport might just come in handy some day soon smile.gif" border="0

Why do Kiwi farmers wear gumboots?

Makes a real handy place to put the back legs of the sheep in, so they don't get away.

Why do Kiwis do their business with sheep on the edge of a cliff?

They back-up harder.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sounds interesting..

I am moving over to Bangkok at the end of this month.. I am an Australia (I hope you wont hold that against me) and hold a Computer Science Degree..

If you are still looking for people let me know..

Regards

Pussyraider

Coss, why specifically NZ teachers?

I will be looking for an English teaching job in a few months and come from England, don't I qualify?

Or is the demand only for the NZ dialect?

Ready class.....

"G'day Sheila. Crack yerself a tinny and lob another sheep on the barbie!"

Sorry, only joking. But would like to know if you do only want NZs only.

• 2 weeks later...

EiB, the odd thing here is that some private language schools in Bangkok will not hire a Kiwi or Strine. They claim they're too hard to understand and only want Brits and North Americans! (Geordies and Noo Yawkuhs???)

Wonder if this has something to do with the international study programmes in NZ. It's amazing how many of my uni students have been down there for a month or two in intensive English classes.

Damn - there goes another chance to make 10 bucks an hour.

I guess I never stayed long enough to know about these words "Kiwi or Strine".

However much I love British Engish I'll bet i would be happier listining to Kiwi or Strine. Buy the way what is Strine ?? This must really make the Brits angry. I have no idea really.

Bibblies , pretty much right ,it is what Australians call the language they speak , not necessarily ones with strong Oz accents , though it is a play on the way others hear Ozztrraaalians I guess . smile.gif" border="0

Archived