Remembering Rudi Bakhtiar

USVirgin

Anyone remember the slanderous news report by this woman on Fox a couple of years ago condemning the denizens of Washington Square and Soi 33 as paedos during the John Mark Karr debacle? In fact, she said the notorious painter bars were located within WS.

I was outraged, like everyone else, but quickly forgot about it. Surfing the internet today, it seems she got fired from FOX and later CNN largely due to this example of irresponsible reporting.

If that's the case, then props to people like Mekhong Kurt who brought attention to the crime.

This will be old news to Squareionians, but it's new to me, and I thought it worth mentioning.

Wish I could find the FOX news report on YouTube, it was a laugh.

http://www.dvorkin.com/essays/rbbang.html

read comments

Edit: I just realized that people reading the thread title might be hoping she's dead. Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you.

Thanks for the update...though I doubt she got fired because of this reporting -> she probably accumulated this kind of "journalistic serious reprotings"...

Never wished she was dead but I had to explain to relatives that WS was a place with anything except children for sale...

:banghead:

Archived