Are there any working with Internet related business

Searching for other persons like me that are located in Thailand (or asia) and work with Internet related development.

-exchange experince.

-jobs exchange

-joint project

Personally I run some sites and try to develope new once and want to develop the

business even more with partners.

Use both Linux and Microsoft based plattforms and SQL2K servers. Am developing

in ASP,PHP and JSP....

/andrew

• 2 months later...

Andrew - I am on much the same tack. What do you have in mind?

I run an informal web workshop in South Africa and have recently moved to Bangkok.

Regards

Mark

Hi,

I hope you are not planning on targetting the local market, since I don't think this would work unless you have some special skills.

Webdesigners are a dime a dozen here in Bangkok, and can be hired for next to nothing (I think starting salary is as low as 8-10K a month).

I worked as webdesigner for a local (farang owned) company for almost 2 years, and I think we only had about 10-12 jobs in that time. All of them small (think 15-30K Baht range).

Anyway, on a more positive note, I would not mind having a talk with you. I too have some site ideas, but unfortunately this one is keeping me rather busy at the moment.

Sanuk!

Sanuk - I dont believe we have even scratched the surface of what could be happening locally. I might be wrong but I believe there is still plenty of room and plenty still to do.

I earn a modest living from the www showing people how to set up and grow general interest sites. I have got a couple of ideas and if you are keen I would like to talk.

How do I register a dot co.th domain? In SA I would set up the dns entries, go to CO.ZA register the name and pay for it three months later.

How does it work in Thailand? What does it cost to host a domain? Is it possible to set up a server at a server farm and buy bandwidth?

Mark

Hi,

"How do I register a dot co.th domain? How does it work in Thailand? What does it cost to host a domain? Is it possible to set up a server at a server farm and buy bandwidth?"

To be honest I have no answers for any of these questions. Never hosted in Thailand, nor registered a .co.th.

Sanuk!

Archived