Korea does not subscribe to fucking around?

WorldFun

Way too many people go into marriages thinking "well if it doesnt work out, we'll just get a divorce" That temporary, give up attitude has caused divorce rates to rise above 50%. Yeah, infidelity might be bad to a degree, but I'd rather fuck around and be mostly happy at home instead of having 3 ex-wives. Marriage should be considered permanent.

Just dont shit where you eat. Keep it separate.

Way too many people go into marriages thinking "well if it doesnt work out, we'll just get a divorce" That temporary, give up attitude has caused divorce rates to rise above 50%. Yeah, infidelity might be bad to a degree, but I'd rather fuck around and be mostly happy at home instead of having 3 ex-wives. Marriage should be considered permanent.

Just dont shit where you eat. Keep it separate.

Maybe having up to 4 wives at a time might help.

Chelseafan: Maybe you didn't read my post correctly -> I said there was some "irony" inside

:beer:

Korean society (and the judgement) is the reflect of a still patriarcal society (very much like Japan and other Asian countries) where the woman has a lower status -> a bit like a child who can't make decision by herself. (and no I am not a feminist at all).

The judgement and the law from which it comes, if it had been an objective one, would have forbidden the women from "extra marrital infidelity" but also the men...

My view of the marriage: You are right on this, I am very naive as I think that if you get married then this is for life.

I have seen too many marriages going wrong especially when there were children and witnessed the consequences....

If not in a happy marriage -> you divorce.

(of course divorce has a huge stigma in Korean society for women, a bit similar to Thailand some years ago).

Yes, I am naive when it comes to marriage but as much as people getting married to then cheat a few months later or divorce 8 months later....

In the west, if you don't feel ready to get married then you can live in cohabitation in some countries which gives you the same rights.

"humand rights": don't give anyone the right to cheat -> so why not divorce if it is going so wrong....

Hypocrisy of modern society in both respects.

I am with you on this one, I believe marriage is for life which is why I proabably wont be getting married.

On the other hand, I admire the Korean way, at least people dont jump into marriage easily like they do in the west. In fact perhaps we need the same sort of laws in the UK.

True but then the Korean law would be objective by punishing cheating men too....

Getting married for life is so old fashion but I guess on this one I am old-fashioned too...certainly the reason why I have been mongering for a long time and not been married until now.

Archived