NYC-HKG RT-$844 total

dean

Show me in the T & C where the airline guarantees a minimum number of seats in F, C, and Y are available for awards.

Obviously it does not state that in the T's & C's. It never has and it never will, because award availability is based on the route flown, time of year, day, time of day, and projected sales.

You need to do your homework before you try for an award (read www.flyertalk.com). You need to flexible, and you need to be persistent. If some drone in India says no availability, you need to hang up and try again.

Again, I have never not been able to redeem miles for award travel. Yo just have to know how to play the game.

I never have any problems using my FF miles, mainly on NWA, because I usually book 330 days out and travel by myself, so I only need one ticket. NWA's website does allow one to see what's available for FF usage for the month that yo are looking at. Flyertalk is a very good website to find out answers to FF use and basically anything else involved in business travel (hotels, airports, etc.). I just don't want to have to get to the point that I have to become an "expert" on airine travel, like many of the people posting on flyertalk.

Archived