Where the USA bailout $$$ is going!

cavanami

Can you say...hang the azzholes? but where do you start :dunno:

Those with high blood pressure and low account balances may want to skip this item. Because, in what is sure to become yet another public relations disaster for the financial industry, an AP analysis has determined that banks receiving $188 billion in government bailout money paid their top execs almost $1.6 billion last year. The AP review of SEC documents found that the companies awarded the biggest of their bigwigs "cash bonuses, stock options, personal use of company jets and chauffeurs, home security, country club memberships, and professional money management." "Professional money management"? How much can that be worth, anymore? Give us a good mattress.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92121/the-buzz-weekend-recap?fp=1

I'm not really sure why that information would come as a surprise to anyone. The top execs have always gotten ridiculous bonuses and perks on top of their salaries. Getting bailed out will only change the name of those perks. Now they'll be called business expenses or some other bullshit to try and cover them up.

My fear is that the banks or at least a good number of them are looking at all this partly as a way to keep the gravy train going. My guess is that some arrogantly believe they are deserving of all that stuff.

I'm also assuming that the ones that ran up the biggest tabs are now out of the company enjoying their millions. A lot of these firms have fairly new CEOs. The quandry is no one wants to work for less than what they believe they are worth. CEO and senior excecutives the most of all.

If there are any CEOs or senior staff that were that caused the problems in the first place I'm very hesitant about providing them with further employment partly at taxapayer expense.

If any of us think that this whole crisis has chastened any of them, you'd be sadly mistaken. They know the economy will eventually bounce back. They know they will be able to do similar things again. They just want us to help them out till then.

What I'm not sure about is the present relationship between banks and other financial concerns with the congress. The banks (as well as other corporations) provide money to the congress. How is that relationship now? When it comes time to run for re-election these congressmen will need a lot of money and it will have to come from special interest groups. They may steer clear of them now but its a symbiotic, quid pro quo relationship.

Archived