Meeting Cuba's youngest politician

drogon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7784234.stm

As crazy and blind as the Republicans...

I remember very well my last trip to Cuba -> communism is a great thing as it allowed me to get the services of any women I fancied....if I wished to rent them for not even a dime.

And from a friend working there it seems it didn't change much or rather it got worse.

(of course not for the "elite" governing the country)

In theory, it should work.

What was a Kabutz in Israel?

Unfortunately, these systems end up with the likes of Uncle Joe Stalin.

Look at China. One big garbadge dump. But at least I get my Nike's for cheap money!

I wish all could visit a Communist country. Darn few left now.

I've been to East Germany before the wall fell down. I've been to North Vietnam before all that capitalism took shape.

In North Vietnam, I stayed at a Communist hotel - the best they had - built in the 1970's. Nice big restaurant overlooking a pond. Problem was that at breakfast time, I was told "No breakfast now". "Have to order 24 hours in advance". Got to love that Communist stuff!

I was in China, the REAL Com China...8 PM, the hot water was shut off and I had been working 14 hours a day, so, cold showers...and NO bed warmers!

This was the "best" hotel in the providence, where the governor stayed...like I wouldn't let my dog stay there, but mai wenti (mai pen lai)...such is life!

Archived