Pattaya / Jomtien for Couple? (Location/Hotel)

sidsanuk

You could try Bang Saen. It is a 99.99% Thai tourist beach.

I heard elsewhere here that is can be a bit noisy with Thai teenager 'Hoons'

I saw the turn off on the way back to BKK. It's where we always stop to buy Sticky Rice in Bamboo and Squid. The number of food stalls in that place! It's a wonder there is any Squid left in Thailand...

101 things to do with Squid :surprised:

Take a look at Bang Saray, next stop down from Jomtien. It is still a relatively quiet fishing village with a decent beach and some very good seafood restaurants.

Just before Bang Saray is the SUNSET VILLAGE resort which has many of the features you want though a bit above your price range.

We might try Bang Saray. I'll do some research. Sorry but I'm getting tight fisted in my old age. Really don't see the point in paying much over 1500 Baht (2500 in BKK) for a room.

Take a look at Bang Saray' date=' next stop down from Jomtien. It is still a relatively quiet fishing village with a decent beach and some very good seafood restaurants.

Just before Bang Saray is the SUNSET VILLAGE resort which has many of the features you want though a bit above your price range.[/quote']

We might try Bang Saray. I'll do some research. Sorry but I'm getting tight fisted in my old age. Really don't see the point in paying much over 1500 Baht (2500 in BKK) for a room.

If you take the right hand turn off Sukhumvit about 1/2 K past Nong Nuch Gardens down to Bang Sarey Beach, follow the beach rd toward the pier. There is a public park opposite the beach above a stone retaining wall. Behind that is a motel/Bungalow place called BANG SAREY VILLA. The bungalows are B700 but have cold water only. The upper level rooms are B500 and are pretty old and run down but they do have hot water.

Next to Bang Saray Villa is a very nice, walled in guest house who's name escapes me; I only remember that it is the name of a flowering tree. They have new, very nice rooms along with a pool in the B1200 range.

It is nice to sit on the beach at sunset with candles on your table while the restaurant across the street brings you food at reasonable prices.

Archived