How good are Thai drivers outside of Thailand?

dean

I've only let her drive the two blocks from my house to the grocery store, except for the one time to her friend's house (5 blocks) which won't be repeated. She's 35 years old and has been driving cars since she was 20. I'm not overly concerned about her wrecking the car or hitting someone else on her 2 block adventure to the store but I am concerned about her being stopped by police. She does know offering money to U.S. policemen not only doesn't work but can result in more problems. I have no doubt that, when she takes her test in 3 months, she will know the rules of the road, at least for that day. My question centered on how long will it take for her to feel comfortable driving in U.S.

Actually, since I bought my car outright (no loan), I decided to go with no insurance on the car, only liability, which I'm sure you are right about the coveage being void in that instance. But thanks for reminding me of it.

Got my wife a car after she was here around 3 months. I had a big company truck and no other car at the time so she really needed something to practice on go get her license. She passed the driving test with flying colors....and 2 1/2 years and 30,000 miles later she is doing fine. She is a very careful driver.

Asians do not have peripheral vision so they are farken hopeless drivers no matter which part of the world they are in.

Then how can they manufacture such great cameras with widescreen lenses?

Makes no sense to me at all.

They invented the wide angle lens because they have no peripheral vision :grin:

Actually, my wife is a very carefull driver. Driving with her isn't much fun, as she lets me know when I'm going too fast, too close to the car in front, etc. So, once she gets accustomed to driving in the U.S., I'm won't be too concerned at that point.

To avoind posting other threads like this one, I wanted to see if anyone else outside of Thailand has a Thai wife that has problems using the dishwasher and if their Thai wife/family has adjusted to eating western food as well as Thai food (and not have to go to the grocery store/asian market almost every day)?

Archived