Visitors to U.S. will soon need online approval

Bangkoktraveler

I don't really consider the USA tourist friendly.

The sad thing is' date=' I do find the US very tourist friendly when you actually get in. Apart from New York taxi drivers that is.

I have enjoyed being in the US whenever I have visited but I would never attempt to get into the US after the way I was treated last time I tried.

I was asked to attend a meeting in Chicago a while back and I flatly refused to go.

The security staff at the US airports are the scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. Probably all Republicans as well.

[/quote']

Don't feel insulted. You probably got treated just like an American would. :(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good old Homeland Security! The agency that destroys green cards (my wife's) because her eyes are not open in the picture that I provided (and was accepted by Bangkok Embassy for her Permanent Residency visa) and neglicted to tell me for 2 months, during which time I phoned them 3 times to tell them my wife had not received her green card (as her children had within 10 day s of arriving in U.S.). Pretty soon, non-U.S. citizens visiting the U.S. will have to hire a lawyer to navigate the rules and jump through the hoops created by Homeland Security. They (and U.S. Embassy employees in general) are not my favorite people in the world.

Good old Homeland Security! The agency that destroys green cards (my wife's) because her eyes are not open in the picture that I provided (and was accepted by Bangkok Embassy for her Permanent Residency visa) and neglicted to tell me for 2 months, during which time I phoned them 3 times to tell them my wife had not received her green card (as her children had within 10 day s of arriving in U.S.). Pretty soon, non-U.S. citizens visiting the U.S. will have to hire a lawyer to navigate the rules and jump through the hoops created by Homeland Security. They (and U.S. Embassy employees in general) are not my favorite people in the world.

It took my Japanese wife 5 years to RENEW her green card....hello, WTF...

Great. I guess that does it for me with regards to ever taking a holiday in the USA.

I guess this will be great to get those tourism figures up!

Would you visit Australia?

Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, Russia etc etc etc are all on my list of places I would want to visit (in the case of the States it would be the 2nd time) in my life. Every country for it's own reason(s). But if they make entry this much of a headache ..... the country will be relegated down the list.

Top of the list is still Suriname. If I ever get the means to go there I want to visit it to see what has become of the place where I grew up for four years of my life in the 80's. The sandbank in the river, the waterfalls, the jungles, blacka watra, colakreek, republiek, oase .... I would need 2 or 3 months there to visit all these places.

The security staff at the US airports are the scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. Probably all Republicans as well.

Nonsense. Low-level federal employees are reliably Democrat. That's why the Democrats fought so hard after 9/11 to create the TSA and assure that airport screeners became federal employees (rather than remain private contractors as they had been previously).

I don't really consider the USA tourist friendly.

The sad thing is' date=' I do find the US very tourist friendly when you actually get in. Apart from New York taxi drivers that is.

I have enjoyed being in the US whenever I have visited but I would never attempt to get into the US after the way I was treated last time I tried.

I was asked to attend a meeting in Chicago a while back and I flatly refused to go.

[b']The security staff at the US airports are the scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. Probably all Republicans as well.[/b]

TSA used to have, probably still has, a forum in which non-TSA people can get access to most of the sections of the forum. From what I saw on that forum, TSA employees are hard core Republicans. Never did notice one on that forum that had a tinge of anything else.

It used to be that a USA citizen did not have USA citizenship protection/rights while going thru USA Immigration and Customs and now I would say that has been extended to the areas under TSA control. It should be noted that TSA also wanted full control of buses and trains besides airplanes.

Archived