Tony Blair honoured for war on terror

Flashermac

The Balfour Declaration was signed in 1917. As Bangkokraveller points out there were lots of Jews trying to get out of Germany but nobody wanted them. Especially in the 1930s. The British in Palestine were having a real hard time dealing with them. Jewish organizations were putting a lot of pressure on Britain. I imagine the Holocaust made it easier to end the British Mandate and get the United Nations Partition Plan through.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jews did get to return to their "homeland" after WWII but the Jews don't seem to want to acknowledge that when they went to the Promised Land under Moses, they committed genocide after genocide as recorded in the Bible. Doesn't it seem that a religion that had committed so many genocides would have genocide tried upon them? If Karma exists, I would say what has pappened to the Jews for the last 2000 years might be a good example of Karma in action.

Who knows? Isn't there a bunch of Rabbis that say much the same thing? They think Israel was a mistake.

I would not be surprised that there are Rabbis that are opposed to the Jews settling in Israel. Jesus was a Jew and he was opposed to much of the 'wrong' with his religion so there must be Jews today that are oppose to what the Jews are doing today.

Who knows? Isn't there a bunch of Rabbis that say much the same thing? They think Israel was a mistake.

My understanding is that those religious Jews who oppose the founding of the State of Israel are not anti-Zionist and do not oppose the immigration of Jews to what is now Israel, they just oppose the political establishment of a Jewish state called "Israel" by those Jews there at this time. Apparently their theology is that the State of Israel can only righteously be formed at the proper time in the future when the Messiah comes, or something like that.

My understanding is that those religious Jews who oppose the founding of the State of Israel are not anti-Zionist...

December 28, 2008: Anti-Zionist Orthodox Jews joined 1500 people in New York City marching in protest of the bombings and massacre in Gaza.

http://www.nkusa.org/

You're not having a very good day are you? Maybe you should take a break.

My understanding is that those religious Jews who oppose the founding of the State of Israel are not anti-Zionist...

December 28' date=' 2008: Anti-Zionist Orthodox Jews joined 1500 people in New York City marching in protest of the bombings and massacre in Gaza.

http://www.nkusa.org/

You're not having a very good day are you? Maybe you should take a break.

[/quote']

As usual you post crap. Try responding to what I actually said.

OK. You said....

"My understanding is that those religious Jews who oppose the founding of the State of Israel are not anti-Zionist and do not oppose the immigration of Jews to what is now Israel, they just oppose the political establishment of a Jewish state called "Israel" by those Jews there at this time."

The link shows that your 'understanding' is incorrect. They oppose Zionists and the current political establishment. I'm not sure where they stand on immigration but if you bothered to look at the website you would see that they are opposed to the existence of the State of Israel.

"Apparently their theology is that the State of Israel can only righteously be formed at the proper time in the future when the Messiah comes, or something like that."

That is my understanding too.

Even more strongly opposed to Zionism is the small Haredi Jewish organization known as Neturei Karta.[45][46] , which has less than 5,000 members, almost all actually living in Israel. (According to The Guardian, "[e]ven among Charedi, or ultra-Orthodox circles, the Neturei Karta are regarded as a wild fringe". [47])

Link

Archived