Questions about getting video games at Pantip and MBK.

whcouncill

Good selection?

Up to date? Let's say a game is coming out in February for PS3 or XBox 360. When will they have it?

Will it be the American version? Japanese version?

If a game wasn't released in America but was released in Japan will they still have it?

Good prices? What are some of the average prices?

Compatible with US video game systems?

I have a friend headed to BKK and wanted to send them on a possible mission for me.

Hi,

No idea on XBox games as I only have a PS3. Games usually arrive either the same day as in the US or a few days after. Often they will have either (or sometimes both!) the US version or the Asian version (which is in English and Chinese).

Games released only in Japan (e.g. White Knight Chronicles) will usually be available, but in Japanese only of course :)

Prices are about the same as in the US. PS3 games run between 1,490 to 2,400 Baht, depending on the game and publisher. Popular games can be more expensive in the first week due to greed.

PS3 games are not region based so yes, they'll work on his US machine. However, if he wants to download extra content for the games, he will have to make sure he gets the US versions.

Here's a good link to find out about prices and availability of PS3 games: http://www.ps3-games-thailand.com

Sanuk!

Archived