Accom. for a week for $199 at skyauction.com

dean

For today only, until their allotment runs out, skyauction is offering for $199 a week's stay at one of their 1,500 resorts worldwide, including several in Thailand. It probably for a studio, sleeps two but I have used the one in Phuket and it is fine for less than $30.00 per day. Its good through June, 2010. If interested, fo to the deal of the day at the website.

They charge a $20.00 service fee, making the toal $199. Its not quite the great deal they make it out to be. I've checked extensively for Thailand on the website and the only avialability I can see is in Bangkok and a resort at the River Kwai. Nothing in either Pattaya, Samui or Phuket. I did buy on and will use it next June for a 2 bedroom on the lake of the Ozarks but it looks like the site is mainly for off season availability.

Skyauction pisses me off with all the hidden fees. Every airflight has extra fees and tax. And then surcharges for season. Surcharges for taking off on a weekend. Surcharges for returning on certain dates. Bah! If you do your homework though, I hear you can get some decent deals on timeshares.

Archived