Mid Range Accomodation

Wire_Guy

I like the Admiral Premier on Soi 23. Big rooms and nicely appointed, clean and classy. Beds are very comfortable with down comforters in white cotton duvets. It isn't two single beds tied together. Guest friendy - no ID check is required although I got the sense they would do it if you requested. Professional staff- from the greeters to maids, all of them. Small pool on the roof that is a big short to do laps but can still get an exercise in. The gym has an elliptical, treadmill, bike and dumbells up to size 50pounds. The rooms have nice size fridge that I used a lot and a kitchenette I used less. Lots of storage space for clothes. Big thumbs up.

And of course, a short 3 block walk to Soi Cowboy.

I've stayed at Citadines Soi 11 for 1740 including 2 breakfast. You get what you pay for with this place. The studio executive is small - not sure where executive comes in. Many minor annoyances. First was check-in took 45 minutes because they had one staff working behind the desk at noon. That might have been a one-off. They never asked me if I wanted two keycards and later when I asked for a second one, they wanted 200 baht. Yes, lost keycards cost 200 baht. I had to switch rooms because the first one stank to high heaven like a cross between stale cigarette smoke and dry cement. I left my cellphone in the first room and I assume housekeeping found and kept it...didn't get turned into the front desk. The cellphone is so cheap I doubt anyone would want it but go figure. Overall, some of the unfriendliest staff I've met working in a bangkok hotel. The Temples bar is overpriced.

The hotel feels like it has cut all possible corners and employee morale is pretty low with service to match. I think at 1740 it is fairly priced if all you are looking for is good location and clean, modern rooms. I won't be going back though.

Hi simie,

sorry for the belated report, I've been upcountry finishing the house...(and exploring Surin with Cent...lol)

I have to agree with the previous poster

Citidanes sucks

Didn't have the same issues myself....but room was very average

Breakfast....(If that's what they want to call it) is at best ......Pathetic

Could not....and would not recommend to anyone as an option.....even for 1 night

Cheers DS

At the monthly rates, the Admiral Premier is awesome. At the daily rate of around 2200, I still think it is a good deal. The reason I left the Admiral for the Citadines is that after my month was up, I needed 4 additional nights. The Admiral wanted 2300 for my room, up from my monthly rate of 1500. So I decided to check out the Citadines for 1740. I really wish I had stayed at the Admiral.

Since the Admiral is a Compass Hospitality resort, I would definitely check out the sister properties (Adelphi, Aspen, President Solitaire, etc.)

Aloymak, thanks for the reply. A mate of mine stayed at the Aspen a few months ago. He was very pleased with the place. I visited him there once and had a coffee and snack there. It looked nice and staff seemed ok, but I'm not that keen on the soi 2 location, but who knows might give it a try if the price was right nearer the time and I did'nt go for the Admiral or one of my cheap and sleazy options? :doah:

Simie.

Archived