Positive reinforcement

I was looking for anyone's success stories on bringing a TG west.

I have gathered a wealth of info on these boards but have rarely posted. I wish I'd have known about this before I started going to heaven.

I have this girl who has shown interest/willingness to come to the states and live the farang life.

Although I'm a Thailand rookie (been 6 times), I have a really good feeling for this girl and think she is legit. At least she plays the game way better than any of her sisters. Please don't stop me if you've heard this story before... For background, I'm an American in my mid 20s and usually manage to gather my fair share of attention from the ladies while frequenting those types of establishments.

I've met women from all over the globe due to my employment, and I have to say that Thai girls just really hit my sweet spot the best. (Damn, I've been attracted to dark haired, dark complected girls since puberty)

I'd probably jump right in, but I have some cold feet. This is not due in any way to my girl in particular. It is just a combination of my own skeptical/analytical ways and all the negative horror stories I've heard.

Any input on success stories and what you guys think made you relationship work would be appreciated. In particular, those who brought one home to live as living in BKK is not really an option at this time.

Thanks...

Why would the relationship be different with her than any other girl. We judge people as we are judged by our behavior, and that may or may not be consistent , you will see. {things may change later in the way either you or she behaves ..dependant on circumstances} ...Think though for a minute how she is putting herself out there to live somewhere like the states. I'm not sure it is better than Thailand. There is a whole lot less stress living in Thailand.

For you and her in order to make this work it has to be a committment. The difference between "involvment" and "commitment" is sort of like a ham and eggs breakfast. Thechicken is involved and the pig is committed. So hopefully you will think about what you want and what your willing to commit to/ and think about how difficult it would be for her to merge into our culture and the commitment it would take on her part. The other thing if you do this make sure you have a clear, legal, pre nup if things dont work out otherwise you may end in an ugly situation.

Hi

Tough decision to make..I'd say trust your instincts, but don't be stupid. You'll find out what I mean.

And you might want to answer yourself a few questions:

1. Do you know her good and long enough?

2. Are her feelings genuine or are you just her ticket out?

3. What about language problems?

4. What about culture differences?

5. What is she going to do in the States?

6. Are there others Thais she can meet?

7. Do you want her to meet other Thais?

8. Should you first take her for a short visit to the States before commiting yourself?

9. Can you cope with her jealousy?

10. Can you afford to pay the heating bill?

good luck anyway

Binging a woman west is fraught with difficulties. But Old Hippie has a point. If the consequences are not catastrophic if it doesn't work out, I'd say be an optimist. On the other hand, if you're like me and really suffer when your heart is broken, or if you're about to spend money unwisely, I'd say be a pessimist.

"The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor yet favor to men of good will; but time and chance happeneth to them all" - Ecclesiastes.

"The race is not always to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet" - Damon Runyon.

I guess this isn't really positive reinforcement, but I think it might be a strategy to use until things get clearer.

Good luck

Probably the most difficult advice to follow, especially as you are thousands of miles apart most of the time (absence makes the ...) but try and treat the relationship like you would one back home and take time to get to know each other well before you do anything.

Like paddyboy says, if money becomes much of an issue in the relationship become a pessamist.

On the relationship side, a lack of understanding about why the other behaves and reacts in certain circumstances will create arguments purely through misunderstanding. Too many people play the "cultural difference" card in such matters. Nonesense. You are both human beings and culture has at the end of the day little to do with anything. Most problems I've witnessed in Thai-farang relationships occur because the two partners had not actually been together long enough before going head first into marriage etc.

Good things come to those who wait. Bad things come to those who couldn't.

So far our story is a success one, but I see many others that are not. My wife is currently in contact by phone with another Thai lady who is distraught as her short relationship (now marriage) is going terribly wrong. She's now trapped in the UK with a bloke who is different in every respect to the one she believed she came over here with. It works both ways, but nearly always for the same reason.

So ... take your time, take it easy and enjoy.

Regards

Paul & Bee

Liverpool UK

nothing nicer than having your very own piece of ass right back where you need it, a cultural light year from Asia but beware the minute she gets together with other Thai girls wherever you live and there will be some not so far away, you're cooked.

Thanks for the inputs.

A lot of things to ponder.

This is definitely something to think about carefully.

But hey, at least I get to go back in a month for some more "research".

I think I pretty much agree with everything you guys have said. Just to get her over here would take a bit of time, so it is obviously not a spur of the moment type thing.

Like I said in my first post, I am a pretty skeptical bastard. It's hard not to be when you have all these girls saying "I want stay you forever," and all I can think is "WTF?, I just wanted a quikie s/t." Even being a rookie I was throwing the bullshit flag, but this one carries herself very different.

So I hope it can work out. I'll just have to take it slow and see what unfolds.

At any rate it'll probably be interesting.....

Archived