Experiences with SriLankan Airlines?

Big Kev

Damnit! - it's too early in the morning here and I didn't read your post properly before I replied. I dunno about BKK - Beijing but I'll keep the post below just for your info. Prbably totally irrelevant.)

I flew Sri Lankan last April. No complaints. The leg from Colombo to Heathrow was an Airbus 340, modern with all the IFE.

The trouble was the layover at Colombo. Both going and coming I had to kill about 10 hours - and there's very little of interest in that airport (except the bar, so, predictably I was a bit sloshed.)

Guest lazyphil

i had to kill 6 hours in that airport (SriLanka airlines i thought were very good btw), i had pounds i think and no place to change them, so couldn't even have a drink. left my marks on the windows.

My one time with Sri Lanken Airways was very good. I arrived at Colombo airport from the UK and because of the length of time between my two flights, the ticket included a free stop over in a really nice hotel out in the countryside. I spent the afternoon relaxing under the palm trees enjoying a few beers and had some excellent free food included too. We had to then get up at about 2am to be taken back to the airport for the ongoing flight to Bangkok. I didn't mind that because of the pleasant stay.

Archived