What is happening?

Falang

I came to Thailand Sunday and it was so quiet at the Suvarnabhumi airport that is was like a remote provincial airport. A long line of taxis but no customer. I never saw Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang so quiet even in low season.

Monday I went tp Panthip Plaza and it was the same, very quiet and I must have seen more monks than farang.

Walking on Sukhumvit was surreal not much people on the side walk and some of the street vendors did not even care to open for business.

I think the political situation with the economic situation will hit Thailand hard this year even if some politicians say that is not so bad.

I wonder how many buildings will stay unfinished this time in Bangkok.

It's downright spooky. As I was walking to Soi Cowboy from my hotel less than 3 blocks away, I was actually scared because it was so dark and quiet at midnight. When I looked down Soi Cowboy, all I saw was a handful of farang milling about. Could pretty much see clear down the street.

I did not see that last week around Nana ,

it was down some , but not a ghost town ,

it did seem to fill up in waves , it would look empty one minute , and 10 minutes later fill up ,

I think there is a lot of walking traffic between Soi 4 and Soi 5-7 , so you get a surge of people when the signal light changes at Sukhumvit.

Lots of ladies and ladyboys near the bus stop at Soi 5 , but its so dark there I was scared to pick anyone since you could not really see :(

We need to pay for some lights at that bus stop

Dave :)

Archived