Cheap and Sleazy?

simie

I'd like to stay at possibly the Citadines soi 23 or the Admiral Premier soi 23 for my upcoming visit to Bangkok in a few months time. But if the current economic situation gets any worse for me I might cut down on the accomodation to something cheap and bit sleazy ;) . Don't like the lower Suk area so was thinking of either Asoke Place on the corner of Asoke and soi Cowboy or the Crown on soi 29. Any one have any recent experience of either? Not expecting much, as long as its clean, reasonably friendly staff and 1,000B or less.

Simie

Dave....do you mean off soi 3 next to Penthouse?? I didn't know there was a PB on soi 11.

I used to stay at the PB all the time. It's not too bad. Used to be 700 and a big room, UBC, couple bottle of water per day, staff couldn't care less who you bring back or how many, in fact I think they snickered if you came back alone.

edit.........now that I think about it....that soi does go all they way through to 11 but PB is closer to soi 3.

...I would say that it depends on the entrance/exit you use.

-> PB is equidistant to both sois which never stopped amazing me when on a motocycle -> so easy to go from soi 3 to soi 21/Asoke.

(in a car it can be another story)

soi 3-> the ritz/Qbar -> pass president solitaire -> turn at dream hotel and you are there....

Dave....do you mean off soi 3 next to Penthouse?? I didn't know there was a PB on soi 11.

I used to stay at the PB all the time. It's not too bad. Used to be 700 and a big room, UBC, couple bottle of water per day, staff couldn't care less who you bring back or how many, in fact I think they snickered if you came back alone.

edit.........now that I think about it....that soi does go all they way through to 11 but PB is closer to soi 3.

Yep, that's the one. I never see the actual number of that soi. Left off soi 11, then left again.

Archived