Coss day 9

Coss

Coss doing a dental run.

Day nine, in which we count down to the end of the adventure.

The twelve hour flight from middle earth that left in the afternoon means I am awake for twenty one hours before touching down at Cobra Swamp.

Attempting to sleep in an cattle class seat is a refined form of torture, reserved for the masses.

But the new airport has it's advantages, from a nine p.m. wheels down, to stepping on to Sukhumvit, after a shit shower and no shave, 1 hr 15 mins. My personal record. No queue at immigration, my bag arrived after seemingly two minutes. Even the first time ever xray of my luggage took only seconds as apart from one guy looking at the screen, there was no one there to actually do any searching. Taxi 220 bht + 70 tolls and 50 airport surcharge.

I've made a booking to have three root canals done at a dental clinic within spitting distance of Soi Cowboy, the cost of which and air fare, is about half what the medieval torturers in middle earth charge, but more on that tomorrow.

To Cowboy, a couple of gins here, a couple there, several in there and eventually all roads lead to the bar with no name (TBWNN).

Six weeks ago at the end of a family trip to village/Chiang Mai/Cambo/Laos, I'd b'fined a girl from TBWNN. The first night she'd put in a stellar performance, and really made me feel life was worth living. As she left she asked very politely if she could have a small bottle of Johnny Walker Red from the mini bar, this was OK by me. What I hadn't factored into the equation was that when I returned for a repeat encounter that evening, she'd consumed it with her friends. She didn't appear drunk when we wended our way home but when we got there she was limp limbed, cement sack heavy drunk and passed out on the bed. This meant no nooky for me. I was perturbed to put it mildly. Any way when she left in the morning, carrying a stormy weather front in her head, I paid her anyway and kept my Jai Dee.

So when I turned up at TBWNN I half expected her to be long gone, this has happened to me before here, find a keeper, gone next time I visit, so sad. But there she was, and to her credit, she was smiling, and a little embarrassed. One thing led to another and I was pleased to enjoy her company and another stellar performance.

Being from a different time zone i found myself awake at five in the morning and discovered a TV channel devoted to J girls, very nice. Plays traditional Chinese screeching singing during the day, I later discovered.

More in day eight....

Archived