adding anti-virus software now means I can't access e-mail accounts

dean

About a moth ago, I added an anti-virus software called shield deluxe 2009 to my laptop. On installation, I was immediately cut off from my hotmail and yahoo accounts, as well as sites that I have to log on to (like this site). I have used my PC to check e-mails and bank accounts since then and have deleated the anti-virus software and have tried a few things with my browser settings, to no avail. I know very little about browsers and cookies, so, if you know how I can fix it, please describe it in detail ad in layman's terms. Thanks!

I uninstalled the anti-irus software couple of days ago. If I can figure out how to do a system restore, I'll try it.

Go to All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

go to the most recent System Restore Point before you installed the software and run the restore.

I must have really screwed up my computer. Your instructions were great and I got to sysstem restore, where I was greeted by a blank, white screen. I tried it 10 times. Any other suggestions?

This probably means, that your system restore is shut off, unfortunately.

Maybe you did not uninstall the software properly?

You could try another method: Install the software again. Switch off all filtering options in the software and than uninstall it again using the uninstall routine of the software, not the usual uninstall function from Windows.

Good luck.

Also you can try an alternative browser in the mean time like Opera or Safari or Google Chrome. I have all the browsers installed for to test our company website and my blog.

This is the first time in about a month that I have been able to use my laptop to log on to Thai360, much less anything else. I was online for about an hour with customer support at deluxe shield 2009. They were less than helpful in helping, particularly after I told them I uninstalled their software. They did give me a website where I could have the shield uninstalled. I did that but it did litle to help. Thanks Kamui, for givng me the Opera site. I did download it. Now, while AI can't log on from Internet Explorer, I can from Opera and transfered my bookmarks to Opera. Hopefully, I can get whatever the Shield did to my computer fixed in the next couple of weeks. It will teach me to quickly read reviews of software products. The favorable reviews for Shield were from Florida, where the company is located. On looking further, most of the impartial reviews of Shield were negative, most compplaining about the same things happening to their computers that happened to mine. Thanks again!

Archived