Sustainable water solution needed

Mentors

well if down in bkk there's still plenty of water in the river it can only mean that upstream there's plenty too & noone bothered to 'nick it' all the way down from the north :hmmm:

pipes or not well there's bound to be some where ever 'tap water' is installed, but somehow they can't get it flowing everywhere all year apparently :cover: pumps? acc. mwa they even bring out for 'free' in trucks just call their hotline if having run dry or not yet 'connected' - bet there's no exceptions like credit checks rights? :content:

For your first paragraph, you should probably check out a map of Thailand and see exactly where the "river" runs and compare to location of the areas that have water shortages. ;)

I have no idea what your second paragraph is trying to say but I'm sure it made perfect sense to you when you typed it.

:beer:

TH

hi,

all what I write makes sense all the time it's just some people occasionally find it hard to digest it all - yeah right :)

OK as it's clearly established water into bkk flows from the north thus the source is 'up there' & majority of Thailand is up north either directly north or north east so - what that implies is that if bkk's 'strategy' for water supply is river water from the north that would only work as long as 'the north' doesn't 'divert' a large part of that water into their provinces wouldn't it?

So now why doesn't they have a water strategy in all provinces (if it's evry man for themselves) or country wide centrally managed?

moreover why doesn't the provinces attach this ever reoccuring yearly drought problem as efficiently as they e.g. handle their 'populist handouts'? :drunk: yeah I know TIT, but with the ever increasing amount of farangs out in the sticks why do you accept 'no tap water' for several months/days a year? how to cope? :hmmm:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

spot on . have you noticed that the vast majority of thai buildings have no roof guttering.a simple gutter and storage tank system would cover most domestic needs , taking a lot of pressure off the local systems.the water would be of better quality than the muck you get from the tap.

spot on . have you noticed that the vast majority of thai buildings have no roof guttering.a simple gutter and storage tank system would cover most domestic needs , taking a lot of pressure off the local systems.the water would be of better quality than the muck you get from the tap.

Hate to add to dredging up a old thread, but upcountry, just about every house has a rain collection system draining off the roof into large clay cisterns.

TH

Archived