After Midnight (or 2AM or whatever it is...) What To Do?

Fiery Jack

Jack, roughly 10 months ago I landed on Soi 4 at *exactly* 1am, money in my pocket and high aspirations. 2 months later, I checked out of the Nana (started there, and was determined that my extended holiday finish there) a little older and a little wiser, but I dont recall ever having a problem finding somewhere where I could drink all night nor someone willing to drink my beer. And all within easy staggering distance of the Nana lobby - say what you will, I love that place.

PS Yesterday marked the 4 week mark since alcohol last touched my lips, having left Soi 4 at dawn. Time of my life.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an early arriving flight that was delayed a little. Was passing through immigration at about 1:30am, phoned a girl who dances on Cowboy and she said she finished at 2:30. I arrived about 2:45 to find her waiting for me outside a restaurant we often use. Off to the PB and a short time later we were mangling the sheets.

Walking through Cowboy post 2:30 has to be seen, quite a sight and still plenty of goings on with easy opportunities to meet new friends probably until well after 3am and then there are the street bars that were still happening around 6am.

Take a taxi in Suvarnabumi and get your ass to Pattaya. After you wake up the next afternoon go back to Bangkok and check if you find something interesting open after sitting in a taxi for one hour in Bangkok traffic. That way you also save a lot's of money :content:

Go to bed and get some sleep?

Absolutely right but not necessarily helpful. :susel: I'll be doing much the same in July. Either I'll be so exhausted that I will risk a broken nose diving into the bed :sleeping: or the adrenaline will kick in and I won't be able to sleep even if I want to. :elephant: And I won't know which it will be until I get there.

Walking through Cowboy post 2:30 has to be seen, quite a sight and still plenty of goings on with easy opportunities to meet new friends probably until well after 3am and then there are the street bars that were still happening around 6am.

They must be turning out all the lights and hiding every time I've been past at that hour. Unlike Soi 4, Cowboy looks deserted on the occasions that I've found myself sitting in a cab on my way back to Soi 22. Perhaps its all been poor timing, but the last occasion was only 5 weeks ago.

Archived