Emergency Response from Police, etc

drlove

I'm wondering what the response is when you call emergency numbers in Pattaya and which are the best. Searching web I think that some numbers are:

Toursit police 038-195

Regular police 038-191

What happened to the Pattaya Help Line I used to see on bulletin boards aroud town. I seach for it and nothing comes up?

In the USA when you call 911 you get put on hold.

What has your experience been, or what have you heard about calls for help?

I'm wondering what the response is when you call emergency numbers in Pattaya and which are the best. Searching web I think that some numbers are:

Toursit police 038-195

Regular police 038-191

What happened to the Pattaya Help Line I used to see on bulletin boards aroud town. I seach for it and nothing comes up?

What has your experience been, or what have you heard about calls for help?

In the USA when I call 911, I get the prerecorded message "Please press 1 if you want to hear this in English". Otherwards, if the situation is serious, you probably don't have time to make a selection. If you do press 1, you get a crap sermon telling you that if this not an emergency, please call such an such number and then you get put on hold.

In Thailand, the Police probably will not understand you and the Tourist Police may respond but I would not count on it. In either case, hope some Thai person will make the proper call.

I see a worse problem in that once they get to you and load you up to go the hospital (or whatever), you will be stuck in traffic!

I see the traffic and the drivers just blocking all the lanes and not one of the drivers making any effort to clear a path for any emergency vehicles...WTF...don't Thai drivers realize that an emergency vehicle needs a path to get to their destination??? dahhhhhhhh, farkin stupid!

When my wife first came here to the states, we were driving down the road with a oversize load.

My rear car yells on the radio that an ambulance was coming.

Ok,I slow down and move over.

My wife looks at me and says why did you do that :question:

I tell her that here in the U.S. when an ambulance fire truck or police come by with the lights on we have to move over..

She looks at me like that was stupid answer.

Her reply was in Thailand no big deal they can wait too.

Took me by surprise :surprised:

Now that she has been here a little over 2 years she spots them sometimes before I do and says you need to move over for them.

Every single time I have called 911 in the USA, I have gotten a human operator immediately, I have had no language barriers, and I have had no difficulty whatsoever getting assistance immediately.

These were calls in Dallas TX, Austin TX, and Huntsville AL.

I have NEVER been placed on hold and I have NEVER gotten a recorded message of any kind.

Based on the difference between what you claim and what I personally have experienced, I feel it necessary to ask: Have you ever personally called 911 in the USA?

I have called 911 four or five times.

Yes I have been put on hold. I may be in bigger, more crime-ridden cities than you.

I have given up holding because it was taking so long. Later they called me back.

But that's there, and this is here. I'm in Pattaya? Are those numbers I wrote above the correct numbers? I am not confident that they are not changed from time to time. ??

Dr. Love

112 is the 'main' official/GSM emergency number in most Euro/Asian countries (USA and a few other such countries who use 911 which also may work in many 'GSM'/3G networks).

In LOS 112 links to the tourist police line with AIS SIM while DTAC/True has another kind of emergency line as far I recall?

For fixed lines I don't believe there is any '

emergency numbers', but following local numbers should work from all phones country wide:

1155 - tourist police (english speakers for sure)

118? - police/emergency (may only speak Thai?)

11x? - ambulance?

Archived