Forgot meds, now what?

nkped

You are past the point of going back to the house on your trip to LOS and you realize you have forgotten your prescription medications (no, not your ED med of choice). What should you do, assuming that you're not going to cancel/delay the trip or you are already on the plane/in LOS? For me, it's still just the blood pressure medication, I know the name and the dosage. Should I go to a pharmacy in LOS and get it without a prescription? If they have it, that would seem to make sense and it would not really be self-medicating, or would it? If they don't, I readily accept that I need to get to an M.D. in BKK or wherever and find out what I should be taking that is available locally as an alternative.

And, oh yes, I know not to take it back to the U.S. without a prescription.

In Thailand you can buy any medicine without a prescription. If you know what you were using and dosage etc. you can just walk to any pharmacy and buy it. Chances are that it is not sold under the same brand name you had at home. In that case google the name and find alternative names and/or active ingredients and go to the pharmacy with that information.

Of course you can always go and see a doctor, there are heaps of good hospitals in Thailand.

There are some controlled meds (eg opiates) that you cannot buy over the counter in Thailand. They will require a prescription and can usually only be purchased in hospital pharmacies.

Blood pressure meds can be found in many pharmacies and normally don't require an MD prescription.

Archived